Saturday, June 09, 2007

To market we go....


Here is a pic of our first ever Farmer's Market booth. That is my bro-inlaw's head peeking out from amongst the raggedies. Wanna play a game of Where is Waldo? :o) We are in the trial and error stage for sure. Had major canopy issues. The FM Assoc loaned us the one we ended up using. When we opened the new one we just bought yesterday, it was broke. This is after we set it up last night to make sure it wasnt broke! And we were so gentle with it. So back it went after we got home today. You get what you pay for is the matra of the day. sigh We are going to give it a go again next week. Changing the tables up a bit. Everything was packed and set up in my vintage suitcases. Easypeasy. That will be the same. And we are going to have a baked goods table next week. Fudge, cookies, mini loafs of tea breads and jumbo muffins. So new pics next week. Isnt Penny's hand dyed wool yarn so pretty and colorful? It was Mark, Debbie, David and myself today. The time went really quickly 8-noon. We were the local entainment I am thinking. LOL For the folks set up around us anyways. I asked the lady set up on the other side of the sidewalk as we were leaving, well was it better than just looking at the sign (which was beside us)? She laughed and said yes, we did seem to get along well together. In other words, yep you were a bunch of crazy laughing freaks! :o))

This is the new free redwork pattern I just added to my site. I am all about easypeasy right now. This would stitch up quickly. Go HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page to click on the printable Posey Wreath picture. Small buttons could also be used for the flower centers. Making it even MORE easypeasy. Would love to see pics of any of my patterns folks work up.

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

Your display looks lovely. Hopefully next week goes better for you. Thanks for the posy heart pattern. It's adorable. I'll let you knw when I use it.

Pam said...

Your booth looks fabulous!! The hand dyed wool does look great - beautiful colours. I hope you have great success with your booth this summer. If I lived close - I'd stop by for sure:))

Beverly said...

The booth is lovely, as are all of the goodies inside!

I have to tell you that the town square looks just like the town where I grew up in Ohio! The old brick buildings are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your booth is fantastic :)

Susan said...

Love your booth. Looks very inviting.