Saturday, June 02, 2007

A new swap was posted today at Backporch Friends. A scrappy half square (hst's) block measuring 3 1/2". A great stash buster. This is a pretty simple example of a finished project made up totally of hst's. Light and dark values. We wanted something fast and easy-peasy for a summertime swap. I have been a bit sicky this week. Had a TIA mini stroke thingy. Have a history of these. Feeling much better. Just really tired and with the headache still. Thought I would be moving faster by now. We were planning to set up at a Farmer's Market tomorrow. But we had rain come in tonight. And this morning our car was acting all wonky. And when Mark went to the store to buy a pop up canopy for me, the electricity was off there! LOL Do you see a pattern???? So things were just not lining up too good for it all to work out easy. Finally had to admit I wasnt up to par to do it. I hate saying I cannot do something. But sometimes, everything else will say it for me I guess. I have closed my booth at the antique mall and we have furniture and props everywhere! I know I am off my game when all the clutter is not getting on my nerves. This kind of clutter anyways. So this weekend I will rest, putz about a bit and maybe make cupcakes. I have been wanting plain white cupcakes with buttercream frosting. We will see what happens with that. :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time should we all be there for tea and cupcakes? Mmmmm...

Kim West said...

hope your feeling better.

SuBee said...

It's rotten to have to slow down and care for ourselves, but you have to do it. Remember that great country music line, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans" You seem to rebound quickly from TIAs, but you do have to listen to the message they bring. (((hugs)))

Pam said...

I hope you are feeling better now - sometimes the best thing to do is take it easy and don't feel guilty about it.

Enjoy the cupcakes - to bad we all couldn't just pop in for a cuppa, and a little garden party :))

Redrose said...

I really hope your pain will go away,I have been ill for the past month and it is very tiresome.

Beverly said...

I hope you're feeling better now.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing us the best in Steven's recovery from this surgery.

Love the quilts!

Sarah and Jack said...

Yikes, a TIA is nothing to mess with. Do they know why you are having them? :-(