Sunday, September 06, 2009

Another gift

I received this in the mailbox today. What a sweet thing. I was told since I was proficient in needle tatting, I should move to shuttle tatting. That is hilarious to me! I am not proficient by any means. But I AM appreciative. The book includes a dvd. I will need it! :o) So this is something for this winter.

We will be having my dd Heather's birthday party tomorrow. We are doing a breakfast luncheon. All the favorite fixin's...biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, pancakes, turkey bacon, sliced tomatoes, fried potatoes and of course birthday cake and ice cream. Will hopefully get some pictures to post. Her actual birthday is on 09-09-09. How cool is that? My baby will be 22. Don't know how THAT happened!

Our central air is out. Not very good timing with everyone coming tomorrow. The nights are cool, it is the day time that gets hot now. I am doing all the cooking and baking ahead I can. Then reheating some. Just will have the eggs and taters to cook tomorrow. Trying to not heat up the house tomorrow any more than I have to. We might should have planned a tropical themed party instead. hahaha But this was the birthday girl's special request. We let everyone pick their dinners and desserts usually. She choice a white bakery cake with buttercream frosting.

6 comments:

Alice I. said...

Have a grand time tomorrow, Ange! A very happy 22nd birthday to Heather. All the best to her.

Conni said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! Hoping you all stay cool for the party! You need to post a picture of your tatting. I'm confident you do lovely work.

Melanie said...

My grandmother "tatted". I still have some of her beautiful lace. Keep us posted--- is this hard?

Vicki H. said...

Ok Angela, shuttle tatting is what I do and it isn't hard but I never needle tatted. If you learn spilt ring tatting let me know.

Keep cool! I can't live without my a/c

paront1222@comcast.net said...

I knew Heather's birthday was this month, I just always forget that her and my Sarah are the same day. She'll be 21 on Wed....
Happy Birthday to Heather.
We won't be with Sarah on Wed. since she is back at college as of yesterday and Rhode Island is too far to go to say "HI" then come right home especially since we are working....Enjoy Heather and give her a hug for me.
Peggy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Heather!
Who gave you the book?