Thursday, April 24, 2008





I love spring! These are pics from our yard. The tree is the only tree we have! Sad huh? But it is honestly so gorgeous when it blooms I don't mind horribly. It starts as light pink buds then goes to dark pink and then to a tree full of snow! Later on it will have tiny lil red hard cherries.
The back yard is almost all weeded and the dead taken from the beds. Just one lil bit left. I do the back and Mark does the front. Hard going with one hand in a brace, but I have done it! He has been working so much, he doesnt have his side done yet. I may have to venture to the front before it is over with. I just do not want those pesky dandelions and weeds to get a strong hold. So hard to get caught up then. We had always bought our mulch from a man that sells it mixed with horse manure. For several years. And our flowers loved it! Well 2 years ago, it was so full of grass seed. Last year was a totaly nightmare trying to get it weeded. Mark worked his hiney off let me tell you all summer. Our flowers will never see that stuff again! Thank God for Preen's. It is this stuff you sprinkle out. Looks like chicken feed. And it really works on the grass and weeds.
And I have been in my playhouse. Have 2 cradle quilts done for our upcoming retreat next month. I honestly cannot remember having so many deadlines in a very very VERY long time. But busy is good. Just maybe not quite this busy. LOL

6 comments:

Conni said...

What gorgeous tulips! Mom just brought me a bouquet of daffodils from her yard...my favorite spring flower!

~Bren~ said...

Beautiful flowers. I love spring! Glad you are ok after that earthquake!

Needled Mom said...

Those are beautiful flowers. I'll bet that tree is something you look forward to each year.

Doreen Frost said...

What a gorgeous tree Angela...I was just telling my Mom yesterday that I wanted a flowering cherry...they are so beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

Have a wonderful day,
Doreen

Stina Blomgren said...

OMG...such richness of blooming...love the pictures...
Thanks for sharing...

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Angela,
Great flowers....

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on "Little Edith Ann"
I cannot believe there is a picture out there of me that I don't mind seeing...I hate, hate, hate pictures taken of me :)

See you in 15 days...can't wait! Miss you!!!
Peggy