Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Family treasures...I love them!

Mark's dad gave him the lamp and cow creamer this weekend. He was tickled to pieces. The lamp was his great great Aunt Lizzie's and the creamer was his grandma's. Mark remembers her well. She lived in a tiny 3 room house down on the White River. My mom gave me the cow dish several years ago. We call it a butter dish, might have been a sugar bowl. It was my great grandma's twin sister's, Aunt Nell. The oil lamp had way old kerosene in it. And it stunk! We cleaned it up and refilled it. I was saying the plain oil, but Mark realllllly wanted this blue we had. After I took the picture, we agreed it was too big for our counter top. So replaced it with a smaller one with red oil in it that was given to us from our friend Tom. Aunt Lizzie's is on the dining room table now. We actually burn lamps quite a bit. I just love the lamplight. Candles burn here daily all year round. FYI, the quiltlet is not purple, but a faded out blue. :o)
I am awake at 5am because Mark called me on his way to work. He was so shocked at the gas station, he had to tell me. Gas is $3.19 here. Phooey.
Wanna see a funny? Even if you dont you gotta watch this! LOL Go HERE and watch this video. Check out the second child. It is hilarious! You just know there are people in the pews with their hands over their faces
Quick Drop Dumplings Sift together 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt. I like to add a tablespoon or so of parsley flakes after I have sifted, but that is optional. In a measuring cup beat together 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk. Mix into flour. Add more flour if needed to make a nice thick batter. Drop by teaspoon into boiling liquid. Reduce heat to simmer and put the lid on. Do not stir! Cook for 8-10 minutes until dry on top. YUMMMM!
Have a sweet day everyone.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Angela,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for Aaron. I'll be back later to look around your lovely blog.
Hugs,
Sue

Lindah said...

This video is so funny! Oh, the times that try a pastor's heart!
:-) Amazing it doesn't happen more often, actually. That daring little fellow will probably become a great leader some day.
Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.