Monday, February 18, 2008

By hook or crook.


I was thinking tonight "What have I made since Christmas?" It seems like I am always working on something. But from my chair mostly. I have spent the whole month of January and this month also crocheting. Mark-scarf and hat, Jaidyn-layette set of sweater and bonnet, 2 pairs of booties, friend-bonnet and booties, cousin John-hat, 4 pairs of dolls socks, complete doll outfit of dress, hat and socks, 4 doilies, Shayla-mittens, Christmas 2009-scarf, grandbaby hope chest-2 booties, sweater and bonnet set, to sell-3 felted mini bags. And there is probably something I have forgotten. Oh the lil red dress hot pad for Liz. That is a whole lot of crocheting! No wonder tonight Mark asked me if I was needing any yarn? He said it was because he thought the gift I had "on the hoook" was about done and wondered what I was going to make next. LOL He knows I have to be doing something or I go bonkers. And right now I am spending most of my time in my recliner. We were talking about what would happen if I lost the sight in my good eye. Maybe I have posted this here before, but I have keratoconus in both eyes, but my left eye is dark now. It is agreed. I would probably be Hellen Keller in the early years. Not the later more gracious ones. But the screaming having a hissy fit ones.


A sweet lady came up to me at church tonight and really blessed me with her testimoney. She had lived with lupus for 10 years and had been healed. Just woke up one day and it was gone! What a miracle. And what a wonderful testimony to share with me on a day I was really feeling pretty bad (am using my cane right now). AND she didnt even KNOW I had lupus!! She just knew I was sick. God is no respector of persons and what He will do for one He will do for all!


"For there is no respect of persons with God," Paul declared (Rom. 2: 11).


Now doesnt that just put a smile in your heart? I hope this encouraged someone today as much as it encouraged me.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Angela, you have been busy! I love the little boxes, they are so cute. Take care of yourself! Thanks for the freebie pattern too.