Thursday, December 20, 2007



These are gifts from my Secret Santa on a prim quilting grou. I love the pillow/doorstop. My first beaded item. So detailed in wool and homespuns. I also received a rotary/scissor holder, a machine stitched hand towel, a crochet dishcloth and a bag of Lindor truffles. Dont notice these do ya? Well after a quick treat and sharing a couple with Heather, these got stashed. Saving them for a need a sweet day and from the Mister. LOL

I love the rosemary tree. Mark aka The Mister, got me 2 of these this spring. I decorated this one with tiny ruby glass balls and 2 velteen bows. I love brushing it and getting the yummy smell through the house. Have been pruning it often to share with the family. The other was isnt so lush. Just wasnt happy in my playhouse. Probably lonely since I havent been out there much! So they will be trading sunshine spots for a bit to perk it up.

Tonight I made a Jello Cake for Mark to take to work. Easy peasy. Bake a white cake mix. While still warm, poke it full of holes with a baking fork or the handle of a wooden spoon. Mix up 2 boxes of Jello with 2 cups boiling water and then add 1 cup cold. Pour over cake. Refrigerate until chillled. Top with Cool Whip. If you dont wish the cake to be quite so wet, use 1 box of gelatin, 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup cold water. Allow to sit overnight or several hours. I use sugar free gelatin and fat free Cool Whip. My family really likes this.
Worked on my food shopping list tonight and what few last minute gifts we need. Had to wait until this payday to finish up. I asked Heather what she would like to eat special for the holidays. Green bean casserole. UGH! Her and Penny love this. I just dont know if I can make it. So yucky to me. But I asked.....LOL Will have to see if I can find the recipe. Maybe if I dont look too hard I can say I couldnt??? LOLOL I better be good, there is still time to make it to Santa's Naughty List!

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I have a rosemary tree this year and have tiny green glass balls on it. I need to repot it.

Penny said...

Ange,
I can give you the recipe anytime! LOL Gotta love greenbean casserole. =)
the middle sista

busylizzy said...

Love your secret santa gifts. Seems like you hit the jackpot with that secret buddy! :o) I'm with you on the casserole. Never made it, and probably never will. We like our greenbeans green in this house! lol Off to do my baking.

Aunt Jenny said...

What an awesome secret santa gift..wow!! I love it!
Love the rosemary tree too...I used to be better about keeping a rosemary inside in winter..I don't have one this year!
jello cake...now that is something I havn't made in years..I will have to do one soon..yum!!
Have a great Christmas!!!!

Beverly said...

The jello cake sounds so easy and yummy! I'll have to try it for Valentines day!

We're in full baking mode here! Today I've made a pan of mocha brownies and a blackberry cake from an old family recipe. It's for my dad's birthday!

Green bean casserole...we're divided on that taste also...so we always serve it! HA!

Have a very Merry Christmas!