Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Mound of minis? Or just a mess of scraps? Could be one of those "glass half full, half empty" scenarios. LOL Depends on the day and my mood. Right now, it is a "mound of minis". I sorted them out after the pics into piles of sorts. I know many store them by colors, themes and so on. I keep my 30's stash, which is very very small separate, other than that they all go into my big ole bag. The wall hanging in the background in a special gift from my Backporch Friends girls. They presented this to me at our very first Retreat! I love it. It is hanging over my cutting table. Oh and I just noticed, it is a "square in a square block" like the mini I worked on tonight. How funny! I am so nuts, the plan was to make the middle round of the block the red and the outer the medium value. Didn't even notice I hadn't did it that way until I was sewing the very last block! LOL Four inch blocks. So not very mini. Have fabrics pulled out for tomorrow's project, scrappy blues and tans, 4-inch baskets. I am going to make a second one from THOSE scraps that is 2-inch baskets. Could these be Christmas presents? Hmmm...I am not telling! Here is a pic of tonights top. Will quilt several at one time. Seems easier to piece several and then do the quilting. Make one mess with the scraps and then I can clean up and move on to the quilting. I love to sew on binding, it is my very favorite part.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Ooooh Angela, I love your mini that you pieced last night!!!

Melzie said...

THat is gorgeous :) I've never tried a mini I never finish anything :( xoxo melzie

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, My name is Jerelene, I'm from Boonville, In. I just came along your page. Your quilts are gorgeous. I'm just starting to quilt myself. I'll definately mark your page on my favorites to visit daily!

Andi said...

Love the square in a square...and I think the reds look good on the outside!

I am going to try to use my scraps in minis too...for our annual Small Quilt Auction. I think they take up to twin size, so I don't have to work with true miniatures.