Friday, October 20, 2006



Pincushions and tea cozies are the crafts of the past few days. The chicken pincushion is made from homespun. I painted the features and added a wool star. It has a round bottom so seems to "set" well. Sorry, couldnt resist! LOL The tea cozies are foundation pieced crazy quilt style, onto muslin from my scrap stash. Each are lined. Scrap stash quandry. The more I use, the more I have. It only seems to grow instead of diminish. The larger scraps just turn themselves into smaller scraps. I am thinking to host a one-on-one scrap swap on Backporch Friends. Envelope for envelope, all you can stuff. It would be like minded quilters who want to change up their scraps a bit. Hmmmm...I think I need to post this to the group!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela,
Christmas is a coming! Would you like to borrow my favorite tea pot to measure for a surprise Christmas present???? No harm in asking, don't you know!
~Penny~

Angie said...

Love your goodies!!! And your "mindless mini" is wonderful! Love it!
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Angels, thanks so much for visiting my blog and the warm wishes for my son. I'm putting rescue cream on it now and it is healing nicely even though most of the skin came off his thumb.

So glad to discover your blog and I love your chicken tea cozy - why do you have all the best fabric over there? As for your quilting I'm just in awe.

sossy said...

I loved your crazy quilt minis. I just, and I mean just, started to get into crazy quilting. I bought two books a couple weeks ago on ebay and am now trying to learn all the different stitches that I can. I am practicing on some suede crazy quilt blocks, but am hoping to venture out soon and try some velvet blocks. Not having much with the lazy daisy stitch though. Can't get it to look round. I will keep checking your site. Your stuff looks great.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh! The swap sounds like fun!!! That would be a good way to recycle the scraps! -Conni-