Monday, October 26, 2009

My playmates


My sweet niece baby Shayla came for a few days. We played babies and animals, read books, watched movies, played school and had alot of snuggle time.


My sister Penny and I have been out in my playhouse. She was winding cones and skeins of yarn on her swift and ballwinder. I was sewing on the other side of my dinky lil wooden table. At times, holding onto it for dear life as the swift vibrated the legs off the poor thing! LOL I love my dinky lil table though. It just works.



I was working on small projects (I need to photograph them yet.) and hemmed six skirts for Miss Shorty. She also made the sweetest honey soap. Smells divine!
Today was a homeblessing day. I did laundry and the floors, cleaned out the frig, and general spic/spanning. Made peanutbutter cookies and a pot of "what I had on hand" chili. Now I am tuckered out.
I am staying home as much as possible. My immune systems is not good. And just coming off the chemo, well it is worse than the normal for me. Hope everyone is staying healthy with all these flu cooties running amuck. My dd has been very sick. On the mend now though. I hated not being able to go to her and mother her, even though she is married. She is still my baby. Maybe after we get to the good freeze stage here, the flu will taper off.
Here is our encouragement for the day.
Matthew 6:31-32 (King James Version)
31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Your niece is a cutie!!! Your sister looks really talented with all that winding stuff (of which I am CLUELESS!!!)

Teresa said...

I do hope you stay well throughout this "plague" we seem to be having. You are smart to stay home!

Unknown said...

Your sis is all set with that swift and ball winder! Nice set up!

Hey thanks for visiting my blog today! I was also having so many problems with many blogs until I switched to Firefox! It's like night and day!!!

Laura-IH said...

Sounds like you had some fun play dates. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so hot. I think of you every day and pray for your health!