Saturday, August 23, 2008

Computer woes and candle making question...
Yep that is what has been happening at my house. Blogger wouldn't let me in. Actually I didnt receive any of the sweet congrat messages you all posted to me about the magazine. I found them when I went to make my next post. Thank you thank YOU! But blogger wouldn't play nice all week long. Then my pc got hit with some crazy virus/trojans. Still working on the spam I am receiving. But new day and here we are in blogland. So yayaya for that :o)
Thought I would show you a couple pics of recent completed projects. Just quick wooly ones. The small snowman on the last pic is actually a pincushion. It is filled with that crazy Lizard Litter (crushed walnut shells).


And this big boy of mine is getting some crazy hair on him. LOL It is so cute. It is coming in random tuffs all over his face and chest. The towel (an old bath towel cut in half), well there is usually a couple laying around. His blankies/chew toys at the moment. I just told Penny tonight when Toby got out of his chewing stage I was going to make him his own blankie. Her reply...5 years? Yes probably. He is the chewer still. But is he just 4 months old.

Penny has a question I am passing along to you all. Do any of you have any experience making soy candles??? This is my dilemma .... My four ounce candles, that are in jam jars, burn beautifully. The pint size candles, which are a pound of wax, do not burn nearly as well. I'm thinking I need to use two wick in these larger candles. What do you think? I plan to experiment with the double wicks before I offer the pint candles for sale or as gifts but thoughtI would ask for your opinions. Thanks for any suggestions.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Toby looks like he is becoming quite the cheeser for the camera. He is so cute and just looks like he wants to play.

Your snowmen and gingerbread me are just too cute. Nice job on them all.

I don't know anything about candlemaking, sorry.

Eve said...

I came here looking for an answer to the same question. ( candles) I have read that they can't be over about eight inches high. I think its because of the way they burn and the liquid soy puts out the flame, but I can't find the answer either.

Conni said...

Your snow flake pillow is sweet! Makes you smile to see it! And Mr. Toby is certainly growing!!

Hazel said...

Love your snow man pillow .The puppy is a sweetie .

Penny said...

Hello,
After some brainstorming Angela and I decided the wicks are simply too small for the containers I'm using. I purchased a hundred wicks so I'll be making lots of jam jar candles! =)
~Penny

LLLC said...

Toby is quite handsome! as always, your work is beautiful.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Your wool work is so adorable, I love it all. :) I have been having the same issues over the past week, I've had some spyware and a virus removed from the computer and just got it back a day ago. School is starting up again and that's been keeping us buys too! You're inspiring me to make something soon though! :)

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Love, Love Snowmen!! Found your blog, I'm a Midwesterner too! Hugs, Mary