Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A peek at what I have been doing.
This scrappy album block is 14 x 17-inches.

This square in a square scrappy is 15-inches.


And I can do zippers now. Yay for me. This lil bitty coin purses measure 4 x 4 1/2-inches. Made from wool with hand applique on the front, coordinating cotton fabric lining. The colors are much MUCH prettier than the crazy pic. I have always been afraid of trying a zipper. But decided to just suck it up and give it a go.


And this is what keeps me going. LOL Nectar of the God's I call it. Mt Dew soda pop. Mark found this cool metal bottle at WalMart and said he knew I needed it. I had actually meant to drink it while watching the fireworks, but in all the hubbub forgot to grab it. (But no worries it is gone now. I washed the bottle and have it on a shelf in my playhouse.) We are blessed to be able to watch the fireworks from our driveway. No fighting the crowds. Just the sceeters. Which actually I chased away when I played with my sparklers. LOLOL Yep I have to have sparkers!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv your quilts :)

Conni said...

The coin purses are cute! Great idea!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Only you would find Mountain Dew in a patriotic bottle :)
All your projects are very cute!!!
Peggy

Arlette said...

I've really enjoyed browsing your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.
Aloha!

Laura-IH said...

Those minis are gorgeous! You have such a good eye for color. Good job trying the zipper--I need to get up the courage to try that, too! : )