Saturday, May 31, 2008

Strawberries and quilting...they go together right?
Penny brought us these yummy Amish grown strawberries today. They honestly do not look real. But are so clean and waxy looking, they look like plastic. Mark asked me what I was going to do with them. Silly boy. Eat them of course. LOL He meant I know, how was I going to fix them. I handed him the sugar bowl and said have at it!

And here is my retreat motivational project. I have had these Moda Chocolat nickels for about 9 months. When I got them I knew I wanted to do the split nine patch. Need one more package to make it 4 x 5. Have all of the first 3 packages sewn together now. Here is a pic of the nine patches before they were cut into fourths. And then a pic of the first 2 rows. Will just be a simple quilt for our bed. I took the photos at night in my playhouse, so really poor lighting. But gives you the idea. This is the easiest of easy quilts to make. Shoot if I am doing it.....yep anyone can. I love the scrappy look of it.



Thankfully the big storms that moved through Indiana missed us last night. We were prepared. I was sitting in my playhouse all night ready to plug in that sump pump! Finally came in at 5am when the tv showed the storms had moved on past. Mark was cleaning out the back rain gutters at midnight after he got home from work. LOL But like he said, it is done now for the next time.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Strawberries and quilting work for me.........YUMMO........and the nine patch looks great.......love those fabrics........

Teresa said...

I have made that quilt - we called it 9 to 4; take one nine patch and convert it to 4 blocks. Is that by chance a Dear Jane Siggy Block swap quilt in the background?

Unknown said...

I love your new quilt. Simplicity is a good thing!

Solstitches said...

The strawberries look so good - love the pic with cute bunny,
Love your quilt - gotta love those charm packs.

Margaret