Sunday, December 04, 2011

Hooky fun and sweet friends

Two things I love!
Here is a bit of my hooky love. I made this lil' Bethany Bear on the fly. Writing up the pattern as I went.Thinking I will make more of her. She is made from wool and is very lightly stuffed. Her dress is closed at the bottom. Her hanger is ricketyrack. Right now she is hanging on our everyday tree, but will go on the Christmas tree one of these days. There is no mouth, that is just the stitch holes. Doesn't look so obvious in person. Bethany is 7-inches tall.
Look at this sweet box of goodies my retreat girlies gave me. Amgela's Advent Box. Sorry the tag photo is not very clear. It is all adorable. There is a sewn bag with a tag for each day. I had to wait about 2 weeks before I could bust into this baby!!! Oh the agony. Thankfully I had other distractions, Thanksgiving here and chemo, to keep me occupied. I will share along the way some of the sweet things I received. Miss Laura's daddy built the box. It is an awesome gift in itself! These ladies are simply amazing and I am blessed to call them my friends. Their thoughtfulness and encouragement is just boundless. Thank you my lovelies! You know who you are!!! I love you.

Today is my sweet sister Penny's birthday. I hope you can hop over and give her a birthday greeting.

I am blessed! ~Angela

7 comments:

Barb said...

You should make more, it is adorable!!

Unknown said...

Bethany is adorable, she would look great on my tree. If you want to make a couple of extras, I'd like to buy a few. ; )

Penny said...

She turned out so great. Do you plan to sell the pattern or the made up lil bear?

Allie said...

Aww that's darling, yes make more! And wow what a box...irresistible....Happy Birthday to your sister!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Love the work of your hands and heart; the bear is so cute!
Many thanks, Angela, for the prayers and comments; they have helped.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Delisa said...

Hi Angela, what a beautiful post today! It sounds like you had a wonderful time at your retreat and I love your little bear. I have been crocheting a shawl for the last few weeks but keep getting distracted by my knitting. I have to get it finished soon because it is a gift for my friend who is coming out at the end of the month. I was so happy to hear that you sold out on all of your hats. Boy that was a lot of work, it is really neat to see someone who has made such a nice business with their crochet! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Delisa :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hi Angela - hope you're doing all right; you've been in my thoughts and prayers.
A Merry Christmas from
Thistle Cove Farm.