Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wanna win a prize?

No hoops to jump through. No games to play. Just comment on this post and your name will go into the drawiing for one of my wool stuffed, hexie pincushions. Just a lil' somethingsomething to usher April in. So far, January, February and March haven't won any prizes in our family. We are placing all our eggies in April's basket! :o) But then again, she won't have to work too hard to be better than the first 3 months.Anyways...sorry to digress. I will draw a name sometime Sunday.
We are getting set to be in the throes of work on our house. How IS it everything falls apart at once?  New roofs on house and garage, concrete porch removed and then replaced, driveway sealed, front door replaced (Crazy people before us put the inner door and the storm door on opposite each other. I about fall out each and every time I go outside cause we also need a stepdown added. Course these are also the people who hung drywall backwards with the cardboard part showing. AND then hung wallpaper. Without sizing it. Can you say about never got the wallpaper off??) All needful things. Not being all froo-froo and spending what we do not have. We had hail and wind damage to our roofs which insurance is taking care of and the bit left over is hopefully going to cover the other projects. I don't know WHAT me and poor Toby are going to do with all the pounding going on with the roof. Timmy will be fine. I don't think anything bothers him too much. Except Jaidy! hahaha She is growing out of her tail pulling stage through. Poor Timmy, she just loves him to death! But the brain tumor momma and the nervous nellie pooch, well we are in for it I  fear. I have honestly been thinking of going to the vet and seeing what they can give the both of us! Course I will sayyyyyy it is for Toby....hopefully he loves his mommy enough to share...


9 comments:

Tudy said...

I would love to win your pincushion. They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I remember watching as you stitched some of the hexies. Now look at the beautiful results from your work! I'd love to win so please add my name to the drawing.
xo

Barb said...

What cute pin cushions....thanks for the opportunity.

Hope you get your home fixed soon...we had a home like that in Missouri, everytime we turned around it was something and it was not an easy something either. Good luck!

Pat said...

Oh, my...I'm sorry about the bad 3 months you have been having there...and I really hope things get better very soon. Your pincushions are very nice!

Delisa said...

Hi Angela, my name is Delisa and I am 47 years old and live in a small town in Georgia. I love to crochet and knit too. Crocheting though is my favorite. I would love to enter my name for your pin cushion give away. They are beautiful! I am working on a knitted shawl right now. I sure can relate to your home repairs situation. We have that coming up soon ourselves. I'm looking forward to getting the inside painted and brightening things up, but it is a lot of work. We also have to put in a new air conditioning/heat system, call out the septic tank man and do some outside repairs to the house as well. I just keep reminding myself how nice it will be when it is all done! You have a very beautiful blog and I hope you have a lovely afternoon! Delisa :)

Christine said...

Tis the season for house repairs. We're starting on a project tomorrow. Our driveway needs re-done and new stone brought in. I about fell down when I heard how much it would cost. Nothing is cheap or easy anymore.

Susan said...

Hoping April is a better month for you.

Cute pin cushions!

Briarose said...

Oh Ange-you always make such wonderful pretties. Would love to win one of your pincushions.
Hope this month goes smoothly for you. There is a spare room here if you need to hide during the renos...Toby is welcome too. Claire

Vickie said...

Oh, my gosh. Those are the cutest pincushions ever. You have been a busy little bee. Love al the painted thing from the previous post, too.