Monday, May 17, 2010

I love my friends and sisters!

Front Row- Vickie, Lori, Patti, Peggy, Me, Connie and Nancy
Back Row- Christie, Conni, Deb, Robin, Laura, Penny (my real sissy) and Michelle

This is the group shot from our annual online quilt group's retreat. Us in front were sitting on a soaked wooden bench! :o) We were missing some who couldn't come. (Prayers for my sister Debbie's family. She has lost both of her in-laws in 8 days. Very hard.)  These ladies are so great! And so fun. And so talented. And so bad! :o))) Much laughing and eye rolling occurs at our retreats. But all in good fun. No drama. Just relaxing and a respite from some of our real life. There was quilting, crocheting, beading, knitting and crafting all accomplished. No cars were totaled by storms either. How boring!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

I will be hosting a first time retreat in November. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones! By then, I will be needing another get-a-way for sure!

More photos to come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post is both happy and sad. So sorry for Deb's double loss, please pass along my sympathy to her / her family.

The retreat was so fun, thank you for ALL that you did for all of us. You're definitely an ANGELa.
My mind is already thinking of November and what to make.

Looking forward to our next time to get together too. :)

Pat said...

WOW...you have nice-sized group for that retreat. Glad it all went well again this year.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a real good time! Quilt retreats are so much fun.

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Thanks for adding the link to everyones blog, it's nice to read about them.

meo said...

Oh, What fun...there is nothing like the comradery of a group of like minded gals getting together for a good time. Believe me, I was there in spirit!
Your Friend on blogs,
Meo

busylizzy said...

Ahhh, there are my buddies!! Looks like you girls had a great time (from Michelle's pics). I sure missed being there.