Monday, August 03, 2009

Yummy for the tummy


Swiss steak with parsley dumplings. I browned round steak pieces in hot oil on both sides. Added one package of my recently frozen tomatoes/green peppers. Cooked covered for 1 1/2 hours on medium low temp. The dumplings are just 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoon of baking powder, a dash of salt and dried parsley flakes. Add enough milk to make them the right texture to spoon out. I dropped them by heaping teaspoon on top of the steak mixture ( I made sure there was enough liquid in the pan by adding some water and letting it come to a boil first. You can not add liquid after the dumplings are in the pan.). Left them alone for about 20 minutes. They were just as good reheated today. The pic is of Mark's plate. I just ate the swiss steak and some green beans with no potatoes. And to make this all the better, the local grocery had the round steak for $1.79 a pound! We never buy steak or even hamburger too often. We are a white meat family. But glory! For this price, we are red meat eaters for 4 packages. LOL

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."

~C. S. Lewis

9 comments:

Pat said...

YUMMMMM......sounds heavenly!!!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oooh that does look good! ;)

Conni said...

Smells wonderful!!

Robin said...

dang but that looks GOOD!!! yummmmm..makes me want some red meat now LOL

busylizzy said...

Man, that looks delicious!!! Wonder how soon I could get a flight? ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so yummy and makes me want to go raid the kitchen!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful! I usually eat white meat but I had a hamburger tonight with sliced garden tomatoes. Yummm.

Penny said...

If I tell myself it's chicken it sounds, and looks, fabulous!!!

Laura-IH said...

Oh, my gosh! Do you have any leftovers? I'm coming over for dinner!