Sunday, February 24, 2013

Playing catch up

Here I am. All fine and dandy. Life has been busy and challenging since my last post, but all is well. Penny and I finished Farmer's Market at the end of October. We then went straight into show season . And we did bunches! Some great, some good and others horrible. But life is a live and learn experience. We go by the idea of, we will try it once and then know if it is worth vendoring at the next year. I crocheted my lil' heart out until after Christmas. Here are a few pics of our booths.










We had a great holiday season with our family. 
This is my daughter Heather and I at Thanksgiving. The wind in our hair and the sun in our eyes. :o) Our family ate at Spring Mill State Park. Our first time to ever have a holiday not at home. it was nice. Different, but a nice day. Beautiful sunshine too.

I started being a fine art instructor for Michael's in January. This is through Grumbacher painting supply company.  I am teaching acrylic painting. And I also have ANOTHER new job. A real, big girl job. I am an office coordinator for a counseling office. Currently they have 6 therapists and one intern. Love it! Super busy. They treat me amazing and have been very patient in my learning. This has been huge for me. I haven't worked for several years since I closed my shoppe due to my health issues. But I have been feeling better and wanted to try this. I just have to try. I am encouraged that I have been able to think clearly enough to learn and function in the "real world". You know the world outside my safe comfort zone and cozy pjs and crochet hook/paint brush. And in the midst of all this, I turned 50! So folks yes, there is life after 50. I honestly feel like I have started living all over again. God is good.

I am blessed. ~Angela

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thistle Cove Farm said...

There's a LOT of life after 50! Happy Birthday, late and your booth looks beautiful. Glad to see you blogging again.

Robin said...

Im so happy for you Angela! Your booth looks amazing, love all your handcrafts and Penny's yarn....beautiful display! Remember....50 is the "new" 30! Lol I keep telling myself this as my own next 2 birthdays approach! Hugs to ya!

Teresa said...

I know what you mean about the "vendoring". My parents, husband and I used to do craft shows and it was a lot of work with getting the stuff made, then the setup and take down. We had fun at the shows, made a lot of friends, but gave it up - just too much work with little financial reward. Congratulations on yoru job and it is good to hear you are doing so well.

Conni said...

Your booth looks wonderful! Love the picture of you and Heather. Such beautiful ladies!